Thursday, May 4, 2017

May 4, 1917 - Maybe that 160 will go out into the discard;

Here is a quick note that Joe got off to Helen in the midst of a busy day.



May 4,1917.
My dear:

As I wrote “twiced” yesterday, I am going out to-night to attend a little private clam bake-as I understand it-in the back­woods of Shelton, with a party of gentlemen, whom you will meet very shortly, and who are very good friends of mine. Among them is the Mayor, whom you know, Dr. Nettleton, Judge Palmer and Mr. Clark all of whom you have met too, in your little journey to Shelton.

Your letter this morning was a dandy; and I certainly did enjoy the clippings particularly Goldberg's cartoon. The other 'serious' clippings also received attention; and while I agree with Dr. Crane, rather doubt some of the things he pointed out. Yet as a whole it is a very fine and deep-thought-out article.

I have just received an invitation to go out to lunch; gee whiz, that makes three good meals to-day, for mother handed me quite a fine becksas. (Speaking like his nephew and nieces) Some luck, believe muh. Maybe that 160 will go out into the discard; for perhaps I am wasting away to a ton or more.

So here I go. With love and kisses, I am

Your

Joe

The next letter is on May 8

No comments:

Post a Comment