Wednesday, May 3, 2017

May 3, 1917 - I weigh 160 even; Hip hip hoorah!

Here is the daily follow up letter. Obviously Joe has still been working on his weight!



May 3,1917.

My darling:

As I told you this afternoon in a letter which perhaps will have reached you while this one is being written, that I would write again, if the opportunity appeared; and it has. This sentence is about as well composed as that of the farmer's son, who wired back to his dad, the old man having gone to the City, and being away for several days, getting worried about everything ‘to hum’ wired his son as follows “Is things all right at home?” and the answer flashed back “Things is”.

My main purpose in dropping this line is to tell you that I spoke to Mr. Kneen this afternoon, and he seemed very optimistic over my prospects about getting properly settled in Shelton, and said that everything looked very rosy in that direction. I therefore pass it along to you. We went over the situation pretty thoroughly, and you know how much 'dope' I have to get to feel at all certain about anything. Of course, we'll know more positively a little later, but there is no cause for any alarm or worry that you will have to hire Barnum's tent for the summer.

I am very anxious to see what those pictures will look like, and would like to see that tray in the daytime, to see what kind of a matzieh we landed in our enthusiastic shopping tour.

It is after seven and I'll start out to get a little teeny bit of eats to last me till tomorrow; and in the evening, we are to have that little clam bake that I told you about off in the woods. In the meantime, I'll be a-thinkin about you, and waiting for Saturday.
With a couple of loads of love and lots of kisses,I am

Your Joe

I weigh 160 even; Hip hip hoorah!

The next letter is May 4

No comments:

Post a Comment