Sunday, January 29, 2017

January 29, 1917 - With a couple of car loads of love.

Here is a brief note from Joe and he manages to throw in a humorous line at the end playing around with French. That was a way he teased Helen.



Monday
Dearest,

Well, I actually received a letter from you this P.M. I have already written to my uncle Julius (George J.) 2997 Third Ave. as you requested. Ask for him or his son Henry when you call.

Tell me what those tickets are so that I may remit at once.

This is a short note, simply answering that I've complied with your request.

Clara is still home, so you know how things are. I'll write later, but am too busy now.
This is not only the shortest, but the scribliest letter I ever wrote you, nest say pa or ma, as you please.

With a couple of car loads of love I am
Your
Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment