Sunday, April 9, 2017

April 9, 1917 - It is just two o'clock and I've already been up for ten hours.

Just a quick note as Joe heads into a very busy schedule. Apparently there was a snow storm on April 8th.


April 9, 1917
My darling,

It is just two o'clock, after lunch, and I've already been up for ten hours. And I've discovered that there is a Board of Aldermen meeting for tonight in Shelton that will run perhaps into midnight. That's a pretty fair day, is it not? But it serves me right. You said it.

I have an appointment in a few minutes and am writing while the sun is bright, and the heavy blanket of snow is gone. Verily, lie the weather I spoke of last night.

I'll write again a little later, but drop the line having a minute to do so.
With lots of love I am

Your
Joe

Another weight enclosed. (Not saved)

The next letter is April 11

No comments:

Post a Comment