Monday, March 20, 2017

March 20, 1917 - sh – maybe I might take a day off in addition; who knows?

Here is a fun letter catching Helen up on daily life and his mother's shoulder.



Tuesday noon,

My darling,

Not only your letter but also its length and contents made me very happy this morning. I was in Shelton last night and must go there again tonight. For that reason I may not have a chance to write today, and so take this occasion.

You go right ahead and hear Ysaye Wednesday. It’s a treat of a life time, so don’t miss it. I’ll not go to New York, but remain here and get out some other things I can see on my desk waiting.

As to Thursday, I cannot really tell whether I can get away that night. If so, I’ll be very glad to do it.
So far as your going to Lakewood for a week or two is concerned, I don’t know but that it is a good idea. It will give your mother a fine opportunity to rest up a bit and a change of scenery. Of course you can figure on my seeing you as often there as in New York and – sh – sh – maybe I might take a day off in addition; who knows?

Mother’s shoulder is very painful as yet, but it is relaxing and will probably pass away very soon now. There, the phone is ringing for me. Wait!
All right. Oh, last night on the car I found an old Leslie’s weekly describing the revolution in Costa Rica and showing a picture of General Tinoko (spelled that way) who is now the President. Ever hear of him? With love and kisses

I am
Your
Joe

The next letter is March 21

No comments:

Post a Comment