Monday, March 13, 2017

March 13, 1917 - Tomorrow morning I will argue to the Jury and then will await the verdict.

Another short letter but it is Joe's way of communication.




Tuesday afternoon

Dear Helen,

It is after dinner, so I ought to say Tuesday night; but having been away all day in Court, I feel as if the whole day is not over yet.

The show must have been great, to give you a chance to write between the acts.

Tomorrow morning I will argue to the Jury and then will await the verdict.

Barnet is here waiting for a chance to write his name on here.
You'll be surprised to hear that he was promoted for being a good boy and doing good work. Some class, eh!

The little ones are just as well and happy as ever again, and are having the time of their young lives.
Tomorrow is not far off is it?
I have been arguing since 3:30 and am rather exhausted. Talked out, as it were. So you will not expect much of an intelligent letter.

That taxi you saw just made the train in time. I had a good run up stairs, and I think I caught my breath near Stamford.
Be that as it may, I an anxiously awaiting tomorrow.

With love and kisses
I am Your
Joe

A couple more from
Barnet
Also one from (cat paw)

The next letter will be March 15

No comments:

Post a Comment