Sunday, March 12, 2017

March 12, 1917 - Mother fell and injured her left shoulder quite badly.

Just a quick note. I think by the end you will see why he sent this note to Helen.


Monday, near six.
My darling,

To drop just a line is all I have time for now. I must take the 6:01 for Shelton and have a Board of Alderman's meeting to attend.

Tomorrow at 10 we start the Armour case. And the thought that you wish me luck gives me courage to go to it - strong.

I have been very conservative today. I only spent the noon hour at lunch with Senator Williamson talking about my wonderful fiance.
Dear, with this balmy air, and some spring clothes, makes me think I'm in Palm Beach, but, what's the use of thinking!

Mother fell and injured her left shoulder quite badly. Louis was looking after it yesterday; but he had to return to college, so a regular doctor is on the job. She can get around, but it's painful you know. A little tip, drop her a line. You know she's just as fond of you as

Your
Joe

The next letter is March 13

No comments:

Post a Comment