Tuesday, February 14, 2017

February 14, 1917 - I'll have my "wise" man’s suit

Here is a quick follow-up to yesterday's letter.





February 14,1917,
My darling:
You cannot begin even to imagine how glad I was to hear that you got tickets for the opry-as you term it. I pre­sume that you are gradually getting familiar with the towns­folk style of speaking, by heck. But the real pleasure giving thing about it is the fact that it makes you so happy. That is reason a-plenty for my being tickled "fat".
It makes me laugh to read that I should take along my dicer. My dear, remember that Ill be in Court all day Friday, and will probably leave here late in the afternoon; so when do you imagine I can get the "fixins", I'll have my "wise" man’s suit-in reality what I termed it in a previous letter, somewhere around here ,ready to jam it in a suit case and rush for the train.
And while in New York, I expect to make a few dates for Saturday morning with some old friends whom I used to see in the golden, happy, bye-gone days. By the way, though, what are your plans for Saturday afternoon and evening?
Our Lodge meets in about five minutes, a few blocks from here so that in order to be on time ,it is essential that I start immediately.
Thanks muchly for calling up and making the reservation; hope to be able to reciprocate in a different manner though. Still what Clubs can you join, where the gentle genus homo cannot intrude?
With lots of love I am
Your
Joe
Is remittance prompt?
 The next  February 15

No comments:

Post a Comment