Monday, December 5, 2016

December 5, 1916 - Girlie, you were so grand last Sunday.

A quick note at the end of what sounds like a busy day.




Tuesday
My darling,
I couldn't write yesterday, as you can probably imagine.
To start with mother is getting along pretty well, tho she has a very bad cold. She was in bed yesterday, but is up today.

Last night we went to Waterbury, and had a wonderful time. And I delivered that talk, inspired by your comment that it was flowery. Bull-iere me, I talked as though inspired; I'm told. So much so that I've promised a return date soon. Tonight at Derby, tomorrow night at Winsted. Girlie, you were so grand last Sunday, that everything looked different. I was so glad and happy that it radiated all around. Some of my friends remarked about my glee. See what you did?

I have several matters that are demanding immediate attention, so can't write the long letter that I want to now.
I'll try again later in the day.

Charles is yelling for me to go for dinner so must hurry.

Love & Kisses,
from your,
Joe

The next letter is December 7

No comments:

Post a Comment