Wednesday, December 21, 2016

December 21, 1916 - Oh, la, la! It's 2:20 and your letter has just come.

Continuing to keep the holiday plans going. Short and sweet. Looking at a new house already. I bet Helen, the city girl, was happy.




December 21, 1916
My darling,

I presume you wrote me yesterday, but since I don't expect it to arrive till a week or two hence, I'm not surprised at it's absence.

Yesterday, for the first time in ages, I was down with the cold good and proper. I had several appointments that I had to keep and kept them but it's a beauty.
Oh, la, la! It's 2:20 and your letter has just come. Wait, I'll read it.

As your father would say, that's some letter. I think I've got a steno again. It will surely relieve a lot of extra work to have an additional girl.

And girlie, do you know I spent all morning looking at a new house that will be completed within a month or so, and that some one has a prior option on it? If he don't want it, I want, if he wont take it you can bet two shakes of Tommy's tail, I will.

Then I've heard of another; and am trailing it. What do you think of it?
Maybe I can make the news a real Christmas offering; I hope so.

I'll take your advice and go to bed early. That right hand of mine is simply rushing pell mell* along so if I cannot be understood, take the letter to a laundry.

My plans are, for Saturday, as I expected. I'll probably leave 4:10 or 4:36 and get to your house around "eats" time.

In the meantime, dear, take good care of that cold of yours.
With heaps of love, I am
Your
Joe

* pell mell means in a confused or disorderly manner.

The next letter will be on December 22

No comments:

Post a Comment