Monday, December 26, 2016

December 26, 1916 - Boys will be boys, wont they?

Here is a quick not that Joe sneaked into his work day. Much more to come this week.

Tuesday.

My lil girl:

Boys will be boys, wont they? I feel that since I have s couple of minutes to spare, like writing you a letter again, but since one went this noon, perhaps it would be better to save this till tomorrow and then mail it to keep one coming daily, so to speak. But I shall not do it. This will go out at once, and if I have a minute I'll write again, providing there is something new to add.

Returning from Shelton this morning with a friend, in his Cadillac, he gently told me that he almost had good news last week; that a certain man connected with the Ordnance Company moved away to New York, and the same moment another party moved in. Be said that it was not a new house by any means but that it was some place where we could hang out until the right place turned up; but even that is only a passing mist. It shows that some of my friends are keeping us in mind, and are working while we know not anything about it.

I will try this afternoon, by getting in touch with one or two people who might be in a position to give me a lift, to find out if they are on to any house of flat, and if so, you know what will happen.

A gentleman just came in with some witnesses for a case, that I am to try, and I must now stop and begin to prepare.

It's only one sheet this time, but every little bit helps. With some more love and kisses, I am Your Joe
Maybe two Louiss (is that right?) will be over next Monday.

The next letter is December 27

No comments:

Post a Comment