Wednesday, September 14, 2016

September 14, 1916 - those three little words "I love you" are so full of affection


Well we are know making real ground here in the relationship. It will be fun to see how Joe eases into this new level of affection.




September 14, 1916
Helen dear,

Tonight  a local p;playwright and friend of ours, is in charge of a Shakespearean Masque to be performed in one of the beautiful parks here. A large amphitheater has been constructed, and the folks have got a box; so I guess I'll go. Isn't it too bad that you aren't here to take it in? Never mind though, tickets for the Pageant in New Haven will be sent us soon, and you'll attend that. I don't know what time of the day it is; but eve if in the evening, you can get back to New York all right on the theatre trains that undoubtedly will run.

I am enclosing a clipping from tonight's paper describing a case I prosecuted on behalf of the State. It was the first trial of the Term, and I'm glad that I was successful.
Your letter was bully. I received it before  I began the trial and it sure did buoy me up. Those clippings too are wonderful and then your wonderful affection certainly made the day complete for me.

I afraid I am unable to express my affection as eloquently as I should want to; but - those three little words "I love you" are so full of affection that I can't improve on them now. You know that motto at the head of Felix's editorials in the Fra. That's how I feel exactly.

I am about to prepare for my talk on Saturday night.

Sincerely,
Joe

The next letter will be on September 18.

No comments:

Post a Comment