Tuesday, November 15, 2016

November 15, 1916 - This is number five so far; and not a word yet from you.

Here we have a writer frustrated by Helen not beting as into writing as he. I believe they will work this out.

Wednesday afternoon
My dear Helen,

I was rather surprised to see the enclosed in the society column of tonight's Post; because they had mentioned it a couple of days ago. I don't know how they came to put it in in this form, but you must be very popular here to get repeated notices - and free too.

However your popularity is on the toboggan which is well greased, and  it will begin to slip fast if you don't write. This is number five so far; and not a word yet from you. What's up, huh?

If I don't hear from you tomorrow,I'll send you some paper, envelopes and stamps, and a few strong suggestion, and if that doesn't work, I'll go to New York my self; but, you'd better write.

Lovingly,
Joe

The next letter is November 17

No comments:

Post a Comment