Wednesday, May 4, 2016

May 4, 1916 - The weather is certainly grand.

Joe was certainly getting into the auto part of his life. Looks like he took to touring very quickly.
  



Thursday the fourth
Dear Helen,
    I recall that you said something about your going to theatre Saturday afternoon with an old friend.
On the same afternoon I shall be out in one of the cars, probably my brothers, to get onto the details of it. Knowing mine now so thoroughly, I think, that I’ve promised to take my mother to visit her sister in New York during the course of the next few weeks, if she’s game to go with me.

    I’ll probably arrive in New York Saturday evening along about 6, but from the looks of things will probably not get in until maybe seven, so don’t count on my arrival till after “dinner”.
    The weather is certainly grand, and in a week or two will settle down steady. Then for real autoing. Who said carry lunch along?
Sincerely,
Joe
This letter isn’t too long, is it?

The next letter is  May 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment