Monday, May 2, 2016

May 2, 1916 - A new Regal car.

This was a very exiting letter to have. In looking through their photos from this time period I found a photo of the car mentioned in the letter. This was really big news for Joe to write Helen about.




Monday afternoon
My dear Helen,
I had a very long session, this morning, in Court and was rather tired when I arrived at the office at three o’clock.
But you can never guess in a thousand years what I found. So I’ll tell you.
My brother placed on my desk during the morning a nice little note to the effect that I was the owner of a new Regal car. He bought it for me this morning, during my absence. Remember what I always said about him. I haven’t seen it yet, and imagine it’s a small car to enable me to get around from one town here to another, to save delays of trains and trolleys. When I get courage I’ll take it to New York, or maybe borrow the big fellow, who knows?
I haven’t time to write much now, but knew you’d like to hear this much. He’s some brother, b’lieve me.
Sincerely,
Joe

 Above is a photograph of the car mentioned in the following letter. It was a Buick Touring Regal 1917. Just as cars today the car dates are ahead of the actual year. It looks like that is Joe in the photo.

The next letter is May 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment