Saturday, July 26, 2014

July 25, 1914 - Bound for Indiana . . .

Joe was off on a business trip and for the next couple of days he jotted postcards. As you will see he managed for Helen to get two postcards on the same day form the same town of Peru, Indiana.
As we can see from the address Helen is still in Far Rockaway.



7/25/1914
Am on C.& O.train bound for Indiana.
The train is just stopping at Melville. Its 7:40 A.M.
You see, I got up before breakfast & am still without it.
Joe



The joke is that I have a lawyer from Bayonne N.J. with me, with whom I became friendly in Chicago & who, when he heard of my trip, asked if I would take him. I was very glad for this; & this morning when I gave him some cards to mail en route, he mailed them from here. Now you have 2 from Peru.
Joe

The next postcard is July 26.

No comments:

Post a Comment